President's Message - 2021 Season
The weather is beginning to show a few signs of spring and that gets us all beginning to think of the upcoming 2021 CSMS League season. You are probably wondering what that’s going to look like this year, after a ‘different’ 2020 season, and what with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Board of Directors would like to keep you up to date with as much as we know at this time.
Your Board intends to do everything possible to provide as much quality slopitch enjoyment as possible given any provincial restrictions in 2021. At the moment, it would seem the upcoming season might look like this:
• At the very least, a full season of scrimmages/practices in small cohort groups like last year, with social distancing and reporting in place.
• At best, a full regular season.
• All teams will be stocked entirely by a draft in April, as we do in a normal year.
• There will be the normal April evaluation session for players new to the league.
• Some shifting of the number of teams in each division may take place, based on the numbers at registration.
• A new dayball opportunity will be created for players evaluated at AA and AAA divisions.
We enthusiastically encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as it is available and safe for you to do so, for the safety of everyone in the League. However we will not require proof of vaccination in order to play if AHS does not. It’s likely, though, that you will have to answer questions about your present health and possible exposure to the virus again this year before each game to satisfy AHS.
Once again, as far as evening ball is concerned, if you paid your CSMS League fees last year, we are rolling them over to apply to 2021. In that case you do NOT have to register or pay this year. You’re all set to go. All you need to do is buy your $30 Alberta 55+ 2021 membership for insurance coverage. This year everyone will have to do that themselves at www.Alberta55Plus.ca, (why not do it today?) If you wish to play AA/AAA dayball, that will cost just $75 and you will need to register and pay at www.grandslamslopitch.com, (and also of course join Alberta 55+).
Registration closes April 11th.
The Board will meet again in mid-March and we hope both the AHS regulations and season details will be clearer at that time.
Best wishes to everyone!
CSMS League President